Europe is about to get significantly warmer and lighter. People like warmth and light, so we (CEA) have been busy organising several EA conferences in Europe over the next few months in partnership with local community-builders and EA groups:
- EAGxCambridge will take place at Guildhall, 17–19 March. Applications are open now and will close on Friday (3 March). Speakers include Lord Martin Rees, Saloni Dattani (Our World In Data) and Anders Sandberg (including a live interview for the Hear This Idea podcast).
- EAGxNordics will take place at Munchenbryggeriet, Stockholm 21–23 April. Applications are open now and will close 28 March. If you register by 5 March, you can claim a discounted early bird ticket.
- EA Global: London will take place at Tobacco Dock, 19–21 May 2023. Applications are open now. If you were already accepted to EA Global: Bay Area, you can register for EAG London now; you don’t need to apply again.
- EAGxWarsaw will take place at POLIN, 9–11 June 2023. Applications will open in the coming weeks.
You can apply to all of these events using the same application details, bar a few small questions specific to each event.
Which events should I apply to?
(mostly pulled from our FAQ page)
EA Global is mostly aimed at people who have a solid understanding of the core ideas of EA and who are taking significant actions based on those ideas. Many EA Global attendees are already professionally working on effective-altruism-inspired projects or working out how best to work on such projects. EA Global is for EAs around the world and has no location restrictions (though we recommend applying ASAP if you will need a visa to enter the UK).
EAGx conferences have a lower bar. They are for people who are:
- Familiar with the core ideas of effective altruism;
- Interested in learning more about what to do with these ideas.
EAGx events also have a more regional focus:
- EAGxCambridge is for people who are based in the UK or Ireland, or have plans to move to the UK within the next year;
- EAGxNordics is primarily for people in the Nordics, but also welcomes international applications;
- EAGxWarsaw is primarily for people based in Eastern Europe but also welcomes international applications.
If you want to attend but are unsure about whether to apply, please err on the side of applying!