While Swapcard has been a reliable software to use at EAGs, there are undeniably some features that could be improved in the app. It’s easy to miss notifications in a sea of messages, it’s difficult to propose one-on-one meetings on mobile, and most importantly, the app horribly misses the opportunity to capitalize on low-hanging fruit for improving the dating lives of EAs.
Thankfully, just in time for the start of EAGx Boston, I am proud to officially launch UpDating (promotional video linked). UpDating is an application funded by CEA and designed to be the optimal micromarriage optimizer for any EAG(x). It has all of your favorite features from Swapcard, plus our additional features:
- A feature to reject one-on-ones by swiping left.
- A new narrow filter for the attendee page to track relationship status.
- A calculator that automatically tracks your micromarriages throughout the conference.
- Attendees identifying as polyamorous now unlock the option to receive AI Matches in pairs.
- Attendees will finally have the option to upload their Tinder profiles alongside their other social media links.
Future updates of the app, which are on track to roll out by EAGL, include:
- A competitive micromarraige contest.
- An option for past partners to leave reviews on attendee profiles and publicly display a rating out of 5 stars.
- Pre-typed pick-up lines to send when requesting one-on-ones.
Find us at EAGx Boston this Sunday in Junior Ballroom hosting our workshop: How to Write a Blog Post that Gets You a Date!
Note: As we’re still in the early stages of this project, we welcome any comments with suggestions for additional features!