Now that the year is over, I wanted to share a bit of fun trivia from our Google Analytics account: the ten posts with the most views in 2020.
- Growth and the case against randomista development (10,666 views)
- Are we living at the most influential time in history? (7,710 views)
- How long does it take to research and develop a new vaccine? (7,665 views)
- COVID-19 brief for friends and family (6,472 views)
- Concerning the Recent 2019-Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (5,772 views)
- Problem areas beyond 80,000 Hours' current priorities (5,538 views)
- Will Three Gorges Dam collapse and kill millions? (5,527 views)
- Reducing long-term risks from malevolent actors (5,421 views)
- Should you donate to the Wikimedia foundation? (4,540 views)
- UK Income Tax & Donations (4,389 views)
Honorable mention: The Drowning Child and the Expanding Circle (4,283 views)
I chose an honorable mention because it was nice to see how many people we've helped to reach Singer's work.
Notes on this list:
- People were very interested in COVID this year. Go figure.
- For context, all Forum posts combined got 745,614 total views in 2020.
- The Forum's content has a surprisingly long tail. Here are some graphs showing daily views for the posts not published in 2020: