Background: In my first post, I introduced EAecon, a new community-building project. You can read 10-second, 30-second and 300-second summaries here.
EAecon Retreat 2022
Applications are open until Sunday, June 12th, 2022
Date and Location
- Date: July 4-5, 2022.
- Location: The Grange at Warbrook House, Eversley (UK)
About this retreat
The EAecon Retreat will be a ~30-person retreat for facilitating connections between EA economists of all levels. The main aims of the event will be to gather EA economists together to present work, network, and foster social cohesion.
EAecon will cover room, board, and reasonable travel expenses (incl. visa/passport applications) for all attendees. See more details here.
The two-day retreat will exchange more in-depth Global Priorities Research topics from longtermist to non-longtermist EA economic work:
- GPREcon Learning: presentation of EAecon academic works by invited senior EAecon researchers.
- Academic Networking: facilitating cross-level networking between juniors and seniors, matching people for collaboration (RA/co-authors).
- Pitching Projects: screening good EAecon projects through pitching games open to all EAecon Retreat Fellows.
- Career Development: career sessions on how to write EAecon papers and job and grad school applications; meeting leading EA orgs and actors.
We are open to applications from advanced undergraduate, master's, Ph.D. students, Post-Doc and more senior economists, interested in EAeconomics who may not have yet been exposed to the area more in-depth. A selection committee will review your applications on a rolling basis. You can apply by filling out this application form by June 12th, 2022 (midnight BST time).
- Brian Jabarian, EAecon Founder & Director (1 FTE)
- Nicholas Danford, EAecon Event Operations Manager (1 FTE)
- Jojo Lee, EAecon Retreat 2022 Event Operations Associate (0.12 FTE)
- Dan Carey, On-Site EAecon Retreat 2022 Volunteer
- Eric Chen, On-Site EAecon Retreat 2022 Volunteer
- Felix Hasselblad, On-Site EAecon Retreat 2022 Volunteer
- Sylvester Kollin, On-Site EAecon Retreat 2022 Volunteer
If you have questions about the retreat, you can contact us at email@example.com or directly in the comments below, and, we will try our best to answer your questions!
If you are unsure whether to apply, do it! Looking forward to building EAecon together.