Anonymous Feedback Form
(click "see more")
I'm happy to help
- People running EA aligned software projects (about all the normal problems)
- EA Software engineers (about.. all the normal problems)
Link to my coaching post.
I'd be happy for help from
- People who think about global EA priorities:
- Rewriting arxiv.org: Is this a high impact job?
- Does EA need a really good hiring agency?
- Funding my work would be nice
My opinions about hiring
A better job board
- draft 1: 75% of 80k's engineering jobs are unrelated to software development. This board is the other 25%.
Tech community building & outreach
(apparently I'm doing some of this?)
- Some ideas I'm working on or strongly considering working on
- Are you talking to someone about working on strange neglected problems? Here's how I'd frame it
My opinions about EA software careers
- An alternative career guide
- Improving CVs (beyond what I saw any professional CV editor doing)
- Getting your first paid software job
- [more coming]
My personal fit for jobs
- Owning the tech of a pre-production (helping with things around it, like some Product)
- I really enjoy coaching, user research, explaining tech concepts and tradeoffs simply to non tech people, unclear if this will fit into some future job
- I'm currently reading ProjectLawful and Worth A Candle [26-7-2022]
- Big hpmor fan
- I like VR
- My shirts have cats on them