When we plan EA Globals or other EA conferences, we (the CEA Events Team) do what we can to create valuable experiences for all attendees. But the most important factors in what attendees get out of any given conference are their own choices.
We don’t know what works best, but we do want to, so we would love to hear from you.
To that end, we’d really appreciate posts that summarize your experience at EA Global: London 2021 (whether as an in-person or as a virtual attendee), what you did to make sure it was valuable, and anything you would change in the future.
If you are considering writing a post like this or have a draft, feel free to send it to Lizka by Forum DM if you would like any feedback or encouragement. (Note that this is fully optional.)
If we get a post (or posts) that we end up deciding to share with all registered attendees for the next EA Global conference, we will happily reward the writer(s) with $500 and our gratitude. To submit a post like this, simply tag it “Effective Altruism Global” and publish it on the Forum by December 20, 2021. Note that we’ll probably only end up sharing 0 to 2 posts total, and recommend that you not spend more than a couple of hours on a post like this unless you find it personally valuable.
Things to consider including
- How you prepared for EA Global: London 2021
- What you did and found most valuable during the conference
- How you followed up with people
- How all of this went for you
- Whether you wish you had done anything differently
If you only have time for something shorter— even just a comment— please share that, anyway! People have found reflections like this extremely valuable in the past, and if nothing else, it will help us compile a list of tips and things to keep an eye out for.
Some cool posts on this topic
- Kuhan’s post: EA Global Tips: Networking with others in mind
- Risto’s advice on How to Get the Maximum Value Out of Effective Altruism Conferences
- A post about How to find good 1-1 conversations at EAGx Virtual
- A post by Scott Alexander about Fear and Loathing at Effective Altruism Global 2017
- Things I Learned at the EA Student Summit, by Akash
- Other posts with the effective altruism conferences and the EA Global tags