There will be two Effective Altruism Global conferences this year:
- June 8-10: Bespoke, 845 Market Street, San Francisco, CA, USA
- End of October: London, UK
The goals of both these events are to increase attendees’ knowledge, skills and networks to enable them to do the most good possible.
Content will be aimed at existing EA community members who already have a solid understanding of effective altruism, but would like to gain skills, network, master more complex problems, or move into new roles.
Programming will include:
- Presentations of papers on the latest ideas at the frontiers of the EA movement
- Whiteboard sessions (collaborative discussions between experts)
- Seminars and workshops to help improve your thinking and execution
- Facilitated networking sessions, office hours and social activities
Who is EA Global a good fit for?
We think the following kinds of attendees are particularly likely to find the conference valuable:
- People already familiar with the key ideas of effective altruism
- People seeking the opportunity to master more complex problems in effective altruism, learn new skills or get help from the community
- People actively seeking work focused on high-priority global issues (examples here: http://e-a.io/causes).
We use an application process to match our available spaces with the people we think will gain the most from the conferences. If you are new to EA, regional EA Global X conferences are likely to be a better fit.
You can check out some other people’s takes here:
- Why you should consider going to EA Global, Konrad Seifert
- Reflections on EA Global from a first-time attendee, Ian David Moss
- Fear and Loathing at Effective Altruism Global 2017, Scott Alexander
We will open applications for these events shortly.
In the meantime:
- Subscribe to our newsletter to be notified when applications are open
- Join the EA Global group on Facebook
- Submit topic and speaker recommendations here — please feel free to nominate yourself!
- Stay tuned for details about the community-hosted EA Global X events taking place in Australia, Europe, and on the east coast of the US in 2018
If you have any questions you can reach me and Katie Glass at firstname.lastname@example.org.