Giving What We Can is excited to talk to your workplace or community group about effective giving this Giving Season.
If you bring the people, we’ll bring the content!
We’ve found that these kinds of engagements have been successful for fundraising and engaging people in the effective giving and effective altruism communities. In fact, our Head of Marketing, Grace first heard about GWWC at a workplace talk!
You can register your interest in us running one of the following events for your group during November and December:
- A talk on effective giving:
A standard talk we usually give to groups and workplaces (options for 15min, 30min, 60min, new content is being developed right now).
- A workshop on high-impact philanthropy:
A new workshop format which aims to get people to reason about their approach to philanthropy and come up with their first steps.
We sponsor some funds, give your group some information on different effective charities and the group votes on where to donate!
Our friends over at One for the World and High Impact Professionals are also running talks and fundraising events this season.
If you want some further evidence about why this could be impactful, or want to see what else is happening in this space, check out the following forum posts:
- Fundraising Campaigns at Your Organization: A Reliable Path to Counterfactual Impact - High Impact Professionals
- Key Factors for Success in Organizing a Fundraising Campaign at Your Company - High Impact Professionals
- A Playbook for Running Corporate Fundraising Campaigns - High Impact Professionals
- Would you like to host an effective giving talk in your workplace this Giving Season? - One for The World