Work with me researching longtermist topics at Rethink Priorities!
- Researcher (Longtermism)
- Senior Research Manager (Longtermism)
- Researcher (AI Governance and Strategy)
- Fellow (AI Governance and Strategy)
Applications for all roles close on Sunday, October 24.
We're relatively new to the longtermist space, but I think we have:
- delivered some useful results already
- good norms and research culture
- a direct line to decision-makers.
Here are what I think are Rethink Priorities’ most salient pros and cons for researchers, relative to plausible counterfactuals:
- fully remote work (it was already remote before 2020)
- impactful decision-relevant research
- very interesting questions
- meaningful work
- above average work-life balance
- decent pay
- excellent benefits
- good mentorship
- great coworkers
- minimal bureaucracy
- fully remote work (I miss chatting with coworkers irl)
- less research flexibility than academia, FHI, or most independent research/blogging
- relatedly, research paradigms less well-suited to discovering drastic new revolutionary change
- low interest in publishing papers/academia
- no senior longtermist researchers
If you are interested in applying, please feel free to ask questions here! I will try my best to respond to most questions publicly on this forum so the system is reasonably fair and everybody can learn from the shared questions! I’ve also attached an FAQ here.