Although ozymandias' post is based " partially on talking with conservative friends"
I don't see much discussion (in the post nor the comments) of ...
actual conversations with US conservatives/Republicans about EA and EA ideas ... reporting what their reactions were.
Has anyone done this? Is there any source material? I'm particularly interested in...
- the USA (and maybe Canada),
- conservative university/college students and young people in the military/academies,
- students at non-elite schools,
- conservative-leaning students interested in politics and government careers
- talking to conservatives in groups and at organizations... maybe in meetings or focus groups.
Are there conservatives in many EA student groups? What parts of the EA message particular appeals to conservative students, and which aspects do they hate the most? Are they interested in particular cause areas, or careers, or earning-to-give?
(Note: I expect some of the work and outreach EA for Christians is doing may be relevant, but it's not quite the same.)