The moderation team is small, limited in capacity, and quite tired. We often end up having to suddenly work at odd hours, and this is bad for our productivity and ability to focus on our other (usually main) projects.
So we’re introducing a schedule: Forum users are henceforth not allowed to come even close to violating the Forum norms — or significantly increase the probability that others violate Forum norms by posting drama-prone content — on certain days and hours. Moderation action during the curfew will be significantly more tyrannical.
Here’s the schedule (“drama” here is used as a shorthand for “posting or potentially causing norm-violating or close-to-the-line discussions”):
- Mondays-Fridays: 10 a.m. GMT - 10 p.m. GMT is ok. Besides those times, though, no drama.
- Saturdays: No drama at all.
- Sundays: You can post drama from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. GMT.
Please also respect the following holidays:
- All possible versions of New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
- Top 5 holidays in any of the top 10 most popular religions
- Smallpox Eradication Day
- Petrov Day
- Valentine’s Day
(You can find a calendar that lists these here.)
Thank you all in advance!