I'm interested in stories of people changing the way they interact with the EA movement/community, whether they've become more deeply involved or dialed down their involvement. This seems like a good way to understand what EA's "infrastructure" (organizations, communities, etc.) is doing well or badly.
Has your involvement changed in the last ~12 months? If so, what factors were important in that change?
Examples might include:
- Getting a new job in the community
- Attending your first conference
- Taking a pledge related to your giving
- Having a personal experience that made EA feel more meaningful or special to you
- Finding a new job/hobby/community outside of EA that led you to become less engaged
- Having an unpleasant interaction that made you feel somewhat alienated from EA